Monday, December 25, 2017

Wishing you a Merry Christmas


I hope this Christmas morning finds you surrounded by family and friends as you celebrate.    Today, our family celebrates the birth of our Lord and Savior.  We have many traditions in our home that we've keep over the years while others we've stopped.  One of my favorite traditions of past was a birthday cake for Jesus, a chocolate cake (our sin) with white frosting (God's redemption) surrounded by green frosting leaves (eternal life) and three candles (the trinity).   I felt it was a way to keep my kids focused on the reason we celebrated but years change things but one year we had 6 desserts for 5 people.  Our extended family had moved away so it was just us celebrating, I felt it was pretty excessive and wasteful to have so much food.  The kids decided the next year that we would have apple and pecan pie for dessert.  I miss the cake so this year although I did not make a birthday cake for Jesus we are having a spice cake for dessert and a pie. 

Enjoy your Christmas,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment