Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas Tea

Every year with the exception of a few we have dinner of Christmas Eve with our friends.  The awesome thing about this dinner is the fact that it is always the same. Our kids have grown up together, my oldest and her only have gotten married (not to each other) and are now starting their own traditions but our dinner is still the same.  My husband goes to the Christmas Eve service at church to play in the orchestra but the rest of us over the years have decided to not attend the service. We each have our own reasons for not going and I love the judgement free zone that her home is for me.  We all need a place where people don't judge our choices.   


While my husband (and now son) play in the orchestra for the people who do attend the service.  My friend and I get dinner prepared.  By prepared I mean call our favorite Chinese restaurant and place our order.  Which we try to time perfectly to be ready when my husband gets there to pick it up on his way to the house from church.  Oh,  we might bake some cookies or we may have just bought some from the store.  

Anyway, my friend cannot drink coffee for health reasons.  I always keep her favorite tea on hand at my house and she always reminds me to bring coffee when we come visit.  This year, I am bringing coffee and tea.  I decided to make her a little hostess gift with packs of her favorite tea.  


©CoolMomCreations 2017
©CoolMomCreations 2017


I figured why reinvent the wheel so I searched Pinterest for an idea and found this easy tutorial by Loven Stamps.  This can also be used for chocolates if you prefer.  All together this took about 30 minutes to create.

Add caption
This my final entry into the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  For those of you who prayed for my friend's husband yesterday, I  appreciate your prayers.  He is still in the hospital but out of the ICU.

Traci


9 comments: