Monday, November 27, 2017

Cocoa, Cookies and Cards

A long time ago in a different life, I used to look forward to Black Friday.  I would set the alarm for 3 am and roll out of bed stumbling to the kitchen for a strong cup of coffee because no sane person gets up this early in the morning.  But sanity escapes us when there are bargains to be found and a house full of young children who need Christmas gifts on a shoestring budget.  I have to say I love bargains which makes Black Friday a particularly fun day for me; one Black Friday I was able to shop for three children with only $75 to spend.  


Not only did I get enough gifts for my children that year, I had a little money left over to buy breakfast.  That being said the true fun of Black Friday was not really the bargain hunting and it definitely wasn't standing in cold lines hoping to get into the store while they had "the perfect gift".  For me the fun of Black Friday was hanging out with my sister for a few hours just the two of us  which was rare since we had 6 or 7 children between us at that point.  Things change, people change and traditions fall away.  


This year, instead of shopping crazy sales, I decided to go a different route.  I invited my neighbor and her children over to make Christmas cards with me.  Her children are a very artsy creative group and I could not wait to see what they would create. These are just a few of their awesome creations. 






I hope you are looking forward to a wonderful Christmas season.  Enjoy the time with people more than the gifts that you are buying and/or receiving. 

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment