Friday, November 10, 2017

My People

 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity. 
Prov. 17:17

When people  think of finding your person generally it is finding your spouse, someone who decides they can put up with all your little quirks and behaviors forever.  They see all of you and think ok, I can handle this 24 hours 7 days a week only getting a break for work or sleep or the occasional time away with friends.  But that is not the person I am talking about finding.  I am talking about that friend or if you are lucky those friends who will stand by you through thick and thin, who will tell  you that you are wrong when you need to hear it but also tell you to stick to your guns when you are right.  This person knows where the bodies are hidden, so to speak.  

Quote Grey's Anatomy / Photo From Pinterest

I have a very difficult relationship with my family, I have one sister that I have been estranged from on and off for the better part of the last decade.  Because of this My People are so important to my sanity.  I know many people, especially women, who call their husband their best friend.  This is awesome if they really have that kind of friendship with their husband but I don't.  My husband is the first and foremost important person in my life but the last thing he wants to do at the end of a long day at work or a long week traveling is listen to me go on and on about an issue we talked out last week but to be honest, I am not over and I still need to beat that dead horse so to speak.  I have two or three amazing girl friends who allow me to do this when I need to they are My People.  


Quote Grey's Anatomy / Photo From Pinterest
The fall season, as much as I love it, is a difficult time of the year for our family.  My People understand this and seem to get "on the ball" more during this time of the year to encourage me and help me keep myself focused on what's important. As a matter of fact, I'd forgotten all about the Gray's Anatomy, My People thing until early this week when my awesome friend Jenn posted a meme to my Facebook page with a bunch of My Person quotes.  It got me thinking about the few people in my life that I am so happy they have stuck with me through this journey.  The few friends who know me good, bad and ugly yet still decide to stick around for the journey.   

Finding Your People isn't always easy.  There are times I've opened up to someone only to have them walk away. That's ok the beauty in finding friends who are Your People is learning what people are friends for a reason, friends for a season and friends who are for a lifetime.  When you find that lifetime friend, or Your People, treat them well, keep them close, most important do not misuse their trust. You never know how valuable they are until you look up one day and they are the only ones who stick to you like glue. Lifetime friends in this social media driven, everything is disposable world are a rare gift.  Make sure you treat it as such.

This post is dedicated to My People: Jenn, Paige, Cindy, Carolyn, Desiree, JoAnna and Julie. Thank you so much for being there when I need to laugh, cry and everything in between.  I pray that you will always know how valuable you are to me.

Thank you for stopping by, please consider following my blog. 
Traci

1 comment:

  1. I'm crushed that I am not even an "honorable mention" as one of your people :(

    ReplyDelete