Friday, November 24, 2017

Fall in Sunny California

 My oldest daughter has always been fiercely independent.  For this reason, I was not surprised when she told me she was moving across the country with her new husband.  I was surprised when she called to tell me that her husband, who is in the Coast Guard, will be stationed in Guam for his next post.  This momma's heart is proud that they are going on this journey but it is also very sad because I will be very limited in how often I will be able to visit them in the coming years.

Bodega Bay
Since my girl is leaving the country soon, I made the journey across the country to spend her 23rd birthday with her.  I have only missed a couple of birthday's when she was in college.  I didn't want this one to pass since I know the next four will be spent without mom by her side.  We had a lovely time in on the California Coast visiting the beautiful area that she calls home for now. 


Goat Rock State Park
Bodega Bay
We just drove down the coast and enjoyed each other's company on this day but others were spent laughing and talking as movies played in the background.  The time we had flew by way too fast and it was quickly time to come back to Florida to celebrate Thanksgiving with the rest of the family.  

Thanks for dropping by today,
Traci


No comments:

Post a Comment