Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Sheepishly Sweet Rocky

Any Harry Potter fans reading today?  If you are you will understand me a little more when I tell you I am Hufflepuff.  I say this to people who are just getting to know me and they will say, I can see that.  Their reason is always the same when I ask why, they say because of the loyalty thing.  You see I am loyal to those I love and care about.  I will put myself in uncomfortable situations to help a friend. Always.

Rocky
 I have a dear friend that I have been friends with for over 20 years,  she has been through so much with me.  So her life is in a difficult place right now so when she started talking about how she needed another male dog for her breeding business.  I jumped right in to offer to be his "foster" mom since he can't live in her house with the girls.  Too many hormones, etc.  Anyway, there were verbal agreements made as well as written ones.   So, at the end of January Rocky joined our family.

Rocky  as he was leaving  
Being the friend I am I took on more with Rocky than we'd agreed that I would.  I thought these were temporary, she thought they were not.  As things got to a place where I felt I was being taken advantage of I kind of blew up.  Long discussions via text and over dessert did not give either of the us results we wanted.  In the end, hopefully in order to preserve our friendship, Rocky has been moved to a new home. It hurts.  I am not a crazy animal person.  I do not think of my animals as children.  But I love him and IT HURTS.

Unity Stamp Company: Sheepishly Sweet
So today because my heart is hurting over my sweet dog going to live with someone else.  I am sharing a card I made using the Sheepishly Sweet stamp set by Unity Stamp Co.  Doesn't this cute guy look like my Rocky? If you haven't tried Unity stamps now is a great time to check them out because they are having a site wide 55% off sale.  

Thanks for dropping by today,
Traci

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment