Thursday, January 11, 2018

Seaside Thinking of You

©2018 CoolMomCreations
I love being challenged  to move outside of my box when I am creating.  When I signed up to do a nautical card swap, I decided I wanted to do something that was a challenge.  So, as I searched Pinterest for an idea, I found a version of this card that used the Stampin' Up! High Tide and Beautiful You sets.  I had both of these sets sitting on my shelf unused because I had no idea where to begin with them.  

High Tide is a layering set, I was not completely successful with the layers but that will be remedied next time because I remembered I have a We R Memory Keepers Precision Press in my arsenal of crafting goodies.  Yes, I have so much stuff that I forgot I had one which I am just a bit embarrassed to admit.  All is well, I have pulled it out not to be forgotten again. 

The Beautiful You set is just amazing and well...beautiful.  I decided a bit of paper piecing was in order for the lady.  She's pieced using discontinued DSP.






1 comment:

  1. This is very refreshing! It's been a very long while since I've seen someone using a nautical theme for cards. Your color choices are very cheerful! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete