Monday, January 15, 2018

Heart Attack, Anxiety Attack

A little over a week ago, I had a pretty big health scare.  I was having chest pains and difficulty breathing.  I did what normal (or not) people do and went to Dr. Google with my symptoms.  Of course, the first thing was go to the ER.  I decided that Dr. Google had to be wrong and asked for a second opinion.  OK, I just reentered the list of symptoms hoping for a different result which didn't happen.  Even then I waited because my daughter had a doctor's appointment that I didn't want her to miss.  Yes, I took my child to the doctor then went to the ER.  The doctor at the ER was not at all surprised by this information, he said he hears this kind of thing from moms ALL. THE. TIME.  But he also admitted me because by father died before he was 50 years old of a massive heart attack.  Long story short, my heart is fine and my lungs are fine.  I am either dealing with anxiety (which makes since because I have a chronically ill child), something viral or well he wasn't sure and said I should schedule a follow up with my regular doctor.


 That being said, I took three things away from my stay at the Hospital Inn:
1. I need to eat better.  Eating better makes you feel better.
2. I need to rest when I can.  This is parenting 101 when you have a baby but as our kids get older we run ourselves ragged running them around and forget to rest.
3. Exercise is your friend.  There are too many good things to list about exercising but it helps release endorphins that are good for you.  That alone is a good reason to get back into a routine of exercising.

All these things in mind, I decided to make a dinner that included vegetables.  I hate vegetables but I am getting to the age, actually I am passed the age, where veggies should be in my meals regularly.  I went to Pinterest and found this recipe for Balsamic Chicken and Veggies.  I am not one to follow the recipe so I tweaked it for my own taste.  I cooked the chicken following the directions with the sauce.  Instead of asparagus, I had spinach in the fridge.  I took the chicken out of the pan and added the spinach just to wilt it a bit and I added roasted tomatoes to that.  The result was amazing.  

Have a healthy and happy week,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment