Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Playing with Paper Dolls

I loved going to my Nanny's house when I was a little girl because she always had the coolest toys for me there.  My Nanny isn't my grandmother, she's my godmother.  She was like a fairy godmother to a little girl.  When my mom choose her to be my godmother she was just 17 years old with no kids of her own so she showered me with attention and toys.  I am the youngest of five kids, when I was growing up we didn't have a lot of money. So going to my Nanny's house and being the center of attention was the greatest experience for a lonely quiet youngest child.  Since my Nanny was young and didn't have kids of her own, she'd stop whatever she was doing and play with me. On. The. Floor. 

CoolMomCreations 2019
While this is common today, when I was growing up it really wasn't the norm. One of my fondest memories is playing with paper dolls at my Nanny's house.  She would buy me books filled with dolls and clothes to cut out.

 
CoolMomCreations 2019
These tags were created because of that fond memory with my Nanny.   I paper pieced and colored the clothes feeling like a little girl with a new paper doll book. 

CoolMomCreations 2019
Have a lovely Wednesday!
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment