Friday, January 11, 2019

Watercolor Sunflowers

When I started crafting years ago, I knew that I wasn't ever going to be the crafter that everyone looked to for new trends, design ideas and cutting edge designs.  My first cards were all CASed cards as a matter of fact.  Back then Pinterest was not even an option to look for designs so I would save google image files for inspiration. 

 To be honest, I think of myself as a crafter vs an artist.  I am always in awe of the women that I see on Pinterest who are artists who make cards.  Y'all know the ones I am talking about.  Right?  Anyway, along comes these amazing cards made with watercolors.  The only watercolor painting I've ever done was as a child with my off brand 8 pack color pallette.  But I loved the cards and wanted to give it a try.  So I went to the local art store not Michaels mind you, an actual art store.  The one the real artists go to buy their supplies. 

CoolMomCreations 2019
Armed with two new paint pallettes and awesome new brushes, I sat down to create a card.   I figured I go really basic and make a two tone watercolor background.  Ok so a watercolor background, isn't nearly as amazing as some of the flowers that I've seen on YouTube but it's a start.  

I used Hero Arts September 2017 My Monthly Hero for the sunflowers.

Have a great weekend.  
Traci 


No comments:

Post a Comment