Thursday, November 29, 2018

Growing in Unity - Day 4

It's hard to believe it's already Thursday of  my GIU week.  When my name was picked last year this week seemed so far away and honestly it was!  All year long, I'd get a stamp set and think: Oh! I'll use this one for my GIU week.  Then another sale would pop up or I'd find another stamp and think the same thing.  It happened more often than I'd like to admit.

If you knew me you'd know that I am seriously addicted to coffee.  I am from New Orleans so I come by it naturally since we were given coffee from the time we could hold a cup!  I did the same with my kids. As a matter of fact one of my niece's likes to share the story of when my youngest was about two and a half years old and spent the night at her grandma's house with her, in the morning she toddled into the kitchen and asked "is the coffee ready".  That toddler is now a senior in high school and still loves her coffee.  




Being such a coffee lover means that I hoard no HOARD coffee stamps.  I fell in love with this set by gracellie Design Stay Strong and had to have it.   I created the back ground on water color paper by layering two shades of blue and two shades of brown out of my watercolor palette then I colored the coffee cup with Copic markers # E11, E13, and E41.  

Thank you for dropping by today don't forget that new followers to my blog will be entered into a drawing to receive a Unity Stamp set.

Traci

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful coffee card! I love your background...
    and that ribbon? I need some of that!!
    I love this set, too! One of my most favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love the ribbon for the accent. While my son and husband are coffee drinkers, my daughter and I are tea only, but that doesn't keep me from buying coffee themed stamps, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty background and I like the sparkly ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great stamp set. Love your background, coloring, and design. A lovely card. If you love coffee so much, you should also join the "Coffee Loving Papercrafters" FB page too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on there, I just tend to look a lot and not post. :-)

      Delete
  5. I love coffee & so does my almost 3-year-old grandson... LOL. I really love this card! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another coffee lover here - great card too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! Beautiful card! Awesome stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is stunning and I love the blend of colors. I must tell you I only drink my hot coffee with a straw. my best friend looked at me and said why, my answer you never rode with my husband and tried to drink hot coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coffee stamps are some of my favorite. You did a fantastic job with this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your coffee card. The colors you used are beautiful and remind me of a crisp cool winter day. I am like you and love my coffee, probably too much. I'm from Seattle area where coffee drive up stands are on every corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! LOVE the coffee story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must have missed this one. Was pretty busy last night.
    such a cute card. I am not a coffee drinker, but I sure do love the smell of it.

    ReplyDelete