Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Strong Women




I have been drinking coffee for as long as I can remember.  I grew up in New Orleans and the joke around our family table is we had coffee in our bottles, I often wonder if this is really a joke.   When I was young my mom had a group of neighborhood friends who met often, possibly daily, to have coffee, talk and play cards.  Many of these women are still the core group of my mother's friends.  Strong women who have been through rough travels on the road of life.  They have stood by each other through raising kids, moving from state to state, divorce, illness and more.  Relationships made over a cup of coffee and honest conversation.  

I believe our generation is missing so much because we are too busy to sit down, slow down and enjoy a daily or weekly cup of coffee with a friend.  We are made stronger through relying on each other and building each other up more than by trying to walk this road alone.  Coffee truly can strengthen women; one cup at a time, one conversation at a time. 

Enjoy your coffee today.
Traci


This card is being entered into the 2017 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  Supplies used: Stampin' Up! Perfect Blend, Blackberry Bliss Card Stock and Ink.  The sentiment is Verve Stamps Delightful and Delicious and the embossing folder is Tim Holtz.

12 comments:

  1. Love the coffee cup sleeve with embossing, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this embossed background. Everything came together so beautifully.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have family & friends in & around New Orleans, been there many times. And they all drink chickory coffee. You, too? I didn't care for it myself. lol Your card is very pretty; love the gorgeous pp you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sentiment on a fabulous card :) Great job

    Thanks so much for sharing :)
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, love that sentiment and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, and yes, that sentiment is very true lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truer words were never spoken... it's important to have a good group of friends... love your card and love the floral paper pieced wrap... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and sweet cup sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, great embossed background.

    ReplyDelete